TUSKER HAS GUIDED THOUSANDS OF CLIMBERS FOR 46 YEARS - WITH A SUMMIT SUCCESS OF 98%
When you join a Tusker Trail climb, you immediately feel the power of decades of climbing excellence. Founding Guide, EDDIE FRANK, has applied his 46 years of guiding know-how and 54 personal climbs to perfecting every detail of Tusker’s exceptional Kilimanjaro climbs. He has made it his life’s mission to ensure that every climber not only reaches the summit, but has the adventure of a lifetime.
Eddie Frank is now sharing his 54 climb “Must-Have” advice and tips with anyone who is planning to climb Kilimanjaro. Simply sign-up for Eddie's Free Advice.
THE BEST REVIEWS ARE SMILES AT THE SUMMIT & MILLIONS RAISED FOR CHARITY
Founded in 1977, you'd be hard pressed to find any Kilimanjaro Climb company that has been leading climbs as long as Tusker Trail. Many make the claim as being the most experienced, but our climb reviews and 5-star ratings speak for themselves.
WHY CLIMB WITH TUSKER TRAIL?
On your climb you’ll see first-hand why the large commercial companies mimic Tusker Trail’s innovations on Kilimanjaro – high end gear, climbing standards and most importantly, climber safety. Eddie Frank never wanted to build an impersonal commercial company – only the most respected. So he kept Tusker Trail in the family and runs Tusker personally. That way Tusker Trail stays laser-focused with expert, medically trained guides and agile on the mountain – adapting to changing conditions when they occur.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Your guides are medically trained High Altitude First Responders and with their laser-focused skills they ensure your safety and success.
- Most of Tusker's guides have been with the Tusker family for 15 to 25 years.
- Your mountain chefs, trained by the Culinary Institute of America, create delicious meals designed to fuel you on your journey to the summit.
- Fresh local vegetables and meats are resupplied on your climb regularly.
- Tusker's Signature Mountain Camps include large all-season walk-in tents personally designed by Eddie Frank for comfort and safety.
- On Tusker charity climbs, we have helped raise over 14 million dollars for international charities.
- Tusker is a long standing partner of KPAP (Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project). We adhere to strict wage and safety guidelines for our crew.
- You climb safely, knowing that our medically trained guides use professional safety equipment second to none. After 46 years, Tusker guides' reputation as the "Kings of Kilimanjaro" is well deserved.
- You enjoy private sanitary toilet tents, and the occasional shower on our camping routes.
- Tusker has been actively supporting the Moshi community for decades.
- Every facet of each route has been planned and personally fine-tuned by Eddie & Amy Frank.
FIVE UNIQUE 9 to 14 DAY CLIMBING ROUTES
FIRE UP YOUR CLIMB WITH EDDIE'S FREE ADVICE
Eddie Frank’s first Trans-Africa expedition in 1977 blew his mind. He tasted the real thrill of adventure. He and a friend rebuilt two military surplus Land Rovers and headed out across the African continent, taking his Michelin map and a dozen travelers. This was the first of many expeditions through Africa. They climbed Kilimanjaro on every trip.
Over the past 46 years Eddie has led 54 Kilimanjaro climbs and knows the mountain like the back of his hand. He has built an incredible climbing team of personally trained guides and porters who have led thousands more climbs. Here’s an amazing chance for you to tap into Eddie’s expertise and fire up your Kilimanjaro climb into aphenomenal adventure. It will change your life in ways you can never imagine.
EDDIE'S MUST-HAVE TIPS FOR YOUR CLIMB
- How to choose the right climbing route.
- Expert tips on gear, renting and buying.
- How to choose the best hiking boot.
- How to train effectively.
- Avoid common mistakes.
- What you need to know about extreme altitude.
And a lot more!
- A fresh spectacular view of Kilimanjaro from Tusker's live webcam.
- Weekly weather reports from Tusker's satelite data weather page.
- Fascinating facts about Kilimanjaro and Tanzania.
A TUSKER TRAIL KILIMANJARO CLIMB, Narrated by Will Lyman from National Geographic.
As an international trekking company on multiple continents for the last 46 years, Tusker has teamed up with some of the world’s top wilderness doctors and organizations, each one an industry leader. We apply their expertise along with our own to stay on top of our game and run our climbs at the highest standards. Tusker Trail enjoys World Class Status among an elite cadre of high-altitude physicians and researchers.
Fire up your climb with Eddie's tips.